New 100G long tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, most get huge, plus they are super messy, not to mention if you have a sand bottom or anything at all on the tank they could scrape their soft underbelly and that could lead to infection

Even though a 100 is a large tank, rays get straight massive and need massive filtration systems to keep up with the mess they make in closed systems. IMO, if not for a place like a zoo, these are creatures best left in the ocean.

Well, sometimes we must take no for an answer. What do we think about maybe a Zebra Moray Eel? I'm honestly just looking for something somewhat different to be in the tank as well.

Just be aware with an eel you really won't be able to keep many inverts or smaller fish. And you need to have every opening locked down or they will jump out. Plus they're super messy and get big so it will limit the amount of fish you can have.

Post some pictures of the tank? I'd like to see all the intriquite work if you don't mind?? In the future,.pressure treated lumber is best left out doors. It's loaded with chemicals and is absolutely unnecessary in doors. It also doesn't accept most adhesives. Kiln dried lumber is perfectly fine.

What all would you like to see? Tank is at the beginning of the forum and I have few extra photos of the stand.

IMG_0382.jpgIMG_0381.jpg
Here's two other photos of the stand. My Ma started painting it tonight. She really wanted to help with it and since I'm at school in Auburn I bought the paint and told her she could have at it. Haha

Thank you. I'm running 2 110 gallon tidal filters. I was taking care of ich so the skimmer and media's off and out right now or it'd be more clear. This weekend I'll put the refugium on and skimmer and put the media back in and when I find the return pump I'll let you know what kind it is, but it's amazing when it's all put together and the water looks pristine.

Thanks, that'd be much appreciated. So, does splitting the PVC into a Y connection actually affect the pressure so much that I'll need two return pumps? My buddy mentioned that to me the other day.

I'm not sure. I only run a single pvc and a single return and it did wonders on the 125 gallon when it was a cichlid tank

Solid! This tank was already pre-drilled for two returns. Maybe if I just beef the pump up a little bit, she'll be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom