New 100G long tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kphilly2017

Aquarium Advice Activist
Managed to pick up a 100G (Roughly) long tank with a synergy overflow box. Both brand new, original owner didn't like the bracing. Originally was gonna do a LMB aquarium, but found this aquarium for a steal. Was hoping to get some tips on building a stand. I will begin building the sump next week. Welcoming all advice, I have had experience saltwater aquariums before and I'm glad to be back in it! Will begin sourcing out parts in the next two weeks and hopefully I will have this tank up and running before the summer ends! IMG_0345.jpgIMG_0346.jpgIMG_0347.jpg

So that's a 1000 liter? 125 gal tank? Correct? Just asking because that's what I have. Super nice tank

So that's a 1000 liter? 125 gal tank? Correct? Just asking because that's what I have. Super nice tank

Well, when I run a calculator with those measurements it says actually 95G-96G. But I just round it off to 100G. I think the 125G is taller.

I will be watching your build and see what works. I am sort of new at this. I tried it 5 years ago but sold my tank

I will be watching your build and see what works. I am sort of new at this. I tried it 5 years ago but sold my tank

Not a problem! If you have any experience with woodworking and can offer advice for building the stand, that would be greatly appreciated

Not sure what you mean. It has a separate wood hood or top on it. Are you going to have the hood or light bar and stand all in one?

Not sure what you mean. It has a separate wood hood or top on it. Are you going to have the hood or light bar and stand all in one?

Still deciding on lights. Yeah, the canopy is basically the box on top.

Nice tank !
Look on youtube for DIY stands..
Several have made stands for their 6 tanks lately here...
Canopy is separate like a hat..
I made my stand for my 180 but I build or a living..There are pics in my albums here..

Nice tank !
Look on youtube for DIY stands..
Several have made stands for their 6 tanks lately here...
Canopy is separate like a hat..
I made my stand for my 180 but I build or a living..There are pics in my albums here..

Appreciate the advice! Are there any good sites to find nice buys for a deal? I just don't believe using over priced brand name stuff when something is a little cheaper but is just as efficient.

That is a pretty open question there. I loved my vortechs, but also liked my koralia's, unless they started up running backwards.

Sorry, when I said "good," I actually meant what powerheads will have enough power to move the appropriate amount of water across the tank? I've been researching it but I like personal accounts too. I'm not trying to be a lowballer, but I believe in efficiency over name brand when possible. So something that doesn't quite break the bank.

You'll want 10-50x the turnover per gallon of the tank. The gallons per hour goes up the more you go up in the world of corals.

I didn't think it went up with the corals. I assumed as long as the water movements was fine. If it went up with the corals, I'd assume it would begin thrashing them about.

Back
Top Bottom