New 110 gallon tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing your ammonia rise is a good sign that things are proceeding normal. No, your tank should not smell. With the shrimp in a net that should get most of the big chunks out.

Well went to remove the fish phewwwwwwwwww the water smells :( the fish disintegrated into nothing but tiny peices. Hopefully the smell goes away

Tested water today results were
Ammonia 0.25-0.50
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrates 10-20ppm
Ph 8.4

What do ya think?

It looks to me like the cycle is continuing, getting to the end. Not quite there yet as there is still ammonia and nitrite but close!

I'd say you are completed with your cycle when ammonia can be converted completely in less than 24 hrs.

So if you're actively adding ammonia, then you can stop when it (and nitrites) are zero less than 24 hrs after adding.

So I am adding fish food daily to keep the ammonia going! So when I add it by the next day if ammonia and nitrite are 0 then I should be ok?

Ok so I just tested the water again I fed the tank at 9am this morning just some flakes. Yesterday there was a nitrite reading of 0.50 and today there is 0? Is the tank done now? I put in a cube of brine shrimp to see if that moves the ammonia and nitrites. How will I know it's ready for my babies?

check the ammonia and nitrite levels tomorrow. if they are undetectable, i don't see why you can't start slowly adding livestock.

Checked this morning and afternoon levels were still at 0 :) put my little blue tang and a naso tang in and they love it.

Back
Top Bottom