New 14g nano, need help with live stock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my BioCube has been cycled for almost a month now. I got 20lbs of live rock and sand. got the corals in there too along with some hermits, snails, cleaner shrimp and clown gobby, I was only using those to keep it cycled, But the real question is should I do a dwarf sea horse, or an octopus tank with this? my lfs guy said I can do both now, and I put some old cheato algae from the 75g tank into the back for a refugium so I can build up pods faster. Which one should I do? and was he right about I can add them in there now? I know that the octopus can be escape artist but I was going to put a small mesh sock screen over the overflow part and the lid locks to where nothing can crawl over it. What do you guys think?

The only things I would say about an octopus is that there will be no changing your mind afterwards. As soon as you have put him in, there is no more room for anything else ( and even if there was the octopus would probably eat it.) you should also take into account the expense of food for a octopus. With sea horses perfect water, rock, algae and food is needed and also if you are looking for a pretty species it will cost you a lot of money.

Money isn't a problem. And I think I would do better with a seahorse or pipe fish

Back
Top Bottom