New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to look at the rest of the rock to see if I can do that. Good idea about the supports. I'll keep you posted. And thank you for the drawing, helped make sense of what you were saying.

Cool to see it coming together! The picture and shadows make the rock on the top of the right island look like a face kind of. I like the two island look but would shoot for less symmetry. Maybe make one side a bit bigger than the other and off center. The bridge look would be cool too but again you wanna shoot for a natural look which can be challenging. Really though it's your tank so go with the way you like it best.

Cool to see it coming together! The picture and shadows make the rock on the top of the right island look like a face kind of. I like the two island look but would shoot for less symmetry. Maybe make one side a bit bigger than the other and off center. The bridge look would be cool too but again you wanna shoot for a natural look which can be challenging. Really though it's your tank so go with the way you like it best.

I agree with this 100%. The islands would look better if they were different sizes IMO.

Added 20 more lbs if rock and did some rearranging. Not where I want it yet, but it's getting there. I like the right side, but still needs work in the left.

image-2907106639.jpg

Haha.... Can't seem to get the bridge to work. Tried, but not stable enough. I rearranged again. I like this arrangement. There's a lot more space between the rocks for flow and for the eel to get through. I have about 50 more lbs of rock in my other tank, but think ill leave it there. It'll need some too keeping some biological life in it. I'm hoping this time tomorrow it will be up and running. Still haven't tested the return pump, but it's ready for turn on once there's enough water in the sump. Almost there!

image-1061573631.jpg

Alright airgoose, so after aquascaping a bit after taking some rock out and adding some in i made the bridge again! Heres a pic

image-4261593431.jpg

The right side of mine has somewhat of a bridge. I like your aquascaping. .

image-4284448077.jpg

Tank is finally running!! So far so good. I put the dogface puffer and lunar wrasse in tonight. I'll transfer a couple more over the weekend if all continues well. I used about 100 gallons of water from the 150 gallon tank in the 300 gallon tank to ease the transition. And of course all the live rock. Same salinity too. Hoping it continues to be a positive journey.

Tank is finally running!! So far so good. I put the dogface puffer and lunar wrasse in tonight. I'll transfer a couple more over the weekend if all continues well. I used about 100 gallons of water from the 150 gallon tank in the 300 gallon tank to ease the transition. And of course all the live rock. Same salinity too. Hoping it continues to be a positive journey.

Cool, any pics? Will love to see the tank once its done! Heres another bridge ive made in my 20 long, i used tonga branch rock for this bridge.

image-432928950.jpg

Here's a pic from today. Waiting to put the hood and doors on until I get the rest if the fish transferred over. I like the LED rope lights on it which I was unsure of. I bought a Koran angel yesterday. It's eating well and seems good so far. My LFS called me this afternoon and asked if I wanted a shark egg. The original guy that ordered it a month ago no longer wanted it. They're seeking it to me for very cheap. Can't complain about that. It has about three weeks to go before hatching.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387585791.644642.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387585791.644642.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387585791.644642.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 158
Here's a pic from today. Waiting to put the hood and doors on until I get the rest if the fish transferred over. I like the LED rope lights on it which I was unsure of. I bought a Koran angel yesterday. It's eating well and seems good so far. My LFS called me this afternoon and asked if I wanted a shark egg. The original guy that ordered it a month ago no longer wanted it. They're seeking it to me for very cheap. Can't complain about that. It has about three weeks to go before hatching.

Ive heard that sharks need round tanks to keep them from smacking into the corners of tanks, what are you gonna do with the 150? A QT or holding tank?

The 150 will be a QT/holding tank for a while. Haven't decided exactly. Might get less aggressive fish for it as well. I'm not taking it down though. As for the shark, I've heard that too. We'll see how it goes. There's nobody else in town that seems interested in it with a big enough tank for it they said. It'll be an interesting adventure. Never hatched a fish from an egg before. Watching a lot of YouTube videos on it to learn what to do.

The 150 will be a QT/holding tank for a while. Haven't decided exactly. Might get less aggressive fish for it as well. I'm not taking it down though. As for the shark, I've heard that too. We'll see how it goes. There's nobody else in town that seems interested in it with a big enough tank for it they said. It'll be an interesting adventure. Never hatched a fish from an egg before. Watching a lot of YouTube videos on it to learn what to do.

Must feel good to have the biggest tank in town ehh? I think you would be ok with a shark but i am no expert. This tank is giant so why not? My lfs has cortez rays, 2 bamboo cat sharks, and 4 banded sand sharks. I really like them and wish to have some sharks one day ;)

I don't know about the biggest tank in town, but one of the few that can handle (barely) a shark and has the right type of fish to be compatible. As for the lights, no they are not all the way on yet. It just has a couple cheap strip lights going right now. The hood I'll put on in a week or two has MH's and rope LED lighting.

Back
Top Bottom