New 40 breeder reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have done saltwater for years but never moved a reef from one tank to another! I'm going from a red sea max to the breeder! I will be reusing everything except the sand! I'm thinking I should be ok on not having a cycle start on me! Any thoughts. And using new dry sand.

Sounds like a plan. every tank I have upgraded to I have used new sand and the same rock and not had any spikes in parameters.

Good luck!!

joe&rae said:
Ok I have done saltwater for years but never moved a reef from one tank to another! I'm going from a red sea max to the breeder! I will be reusing everything except the sand! I'm thinking I should be ok on not having a cycle start on me! Any thoughts. And using new dry sand.

Exciting! What size red sea? The small 36 gal one?
As carey said new sand should be fine

Yup i added about 5-6 lb of rock every other day (sometimes quicker) and i had no spikes in either tank! Make sure you dont disturb the sand. Then when the 40 has glod levels just add fish slowly IMO. Some people say all at once, but im too much or a wussy to do that! :p lol good luck.

Yes it's the 34gal and I'm not a big fan of the all in one systems, I like having more selection on filtration and lighting lol and wanted more ground space for it ;)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yup i added about 5-6 lb of rock every other day (sometimes quicker) and i had no spikes in either tank! Make sure you dont disturb the sand. Then when the 40 has glod levels just add fish slowly IMO. Some people say all at once, but im too much or a wussy to do that! :p lol good luck.

And I will have to do all at once, cause the tank is Going where the current tank is

joe&rae said:
And I will have to do all at once, cause the tank is Going where the current tank is

We have the RSM 66 gallon..i absolutly love it:) the equipment is of higher quality though

Back
Top Bottom