New 75 g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
That is a really nice looking setup. I wish mine was as crisp and clean. I have wires EVERYWHERE!

Me too! It's a fire hazard waiting to happen. But at least there's plenty of water to put it out :p

The only thing that bothers me about this retro kit is if a bulb broke it would go into my tank any ideas

Have lowes/homedepot cut a splash guard for you and to keep heat down you could install a small pc fan if that would enclose the whole thing.

I got a pc fan and the holes cut just gotta put it in should I put the acrylic on the tank which would close the top which I don't realy like or recess it in the canapy above the tank right below the bulbs

I would try to leave the tank as open as possible unless you got jumpers

Been along time in the making after getting settled in our new house purchase my 55 has been on autopilot for about two years and is finally ready to be moved over to the 75:)

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow that's a long time coming. Following along!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes it has lol it was on the back burner for a while ... My 55 is doing so good I did not want to disturb it but every thing is getting way to big for it :)

There are far worse issues to have for sure! Definitely looking forward to seeing this come together.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

It's filled with sand water and live rock in the sump I'm slowly moving equipment from my other tank to it :)

Here's picture

Attachments

• 1428686690131.jpg
    1428686690131.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 98
Well everyone made the transition... Still a little cloudy but all seems well

Attachments

• 1428864824742.jpg
    1428864824742.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 109
The tank looks awesome! Looks like everything is quite happy in their new home :)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

Back
Top Bottom