New 75 gallon reef upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishsticks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a new 75 gallon tank that has three holes drilled at the top left,middle, and right on the back panel. I really don't know how to set this plumbing up. It also came with a stand and a sump. Anyone with experience with setting these up, your advice would be greatly appreciated. I already have a protein skimmer, heater, UV sterilizer. Still need to get lights, and a couple more power heads. I currently have a 30 gallon reef set up. My corals have started to encroach on each other and I decided to get a larger tank.

i suggest posting a picture of the tank, sump, and plumbing equipment and maybe someone can help you out.

I would run the left and right side holes individually to the first chamber of the sump where your skimmer would go and optional filter socks. The middle hole would be for your return line, the last chamber of your sump with your return pump. The middle chamber of the sump can be your refugium. Install bulkheads on the DT back holes if not already in place.

I would run the left and right side holes individually to the first chamber of the sump where your skimmer would go and optional filter socks. The middle hole would be for your return line, the last chamber of your sump with your return pump. The middle chamber of the sump can be your refugium. Install bulkheads on the DT back holes if not already in place.

+1 on kiethhjs' quote

Just got the tank in place. My LFS will come setup all my plumbing for $80 plus parts. Is this a good deal or should I try and setup all the plumbing myself? I've never dealt with plumbing before. Anyways here's a picture. Ill have more later.

View attachment 139842

Just got the tank in place. My LFS will come setup all my plumbing for $80 plus parts. Is this a good deal or should I try and setup all the plumbing myself? I've never dealt with plumbing before. Anyways here's a picture. Ill have more later.

Id just use pvc let the right and left hole drain into the same chamber on sump one end the water will flow through the center (fugi) then to the other end where your return pump will pump water back to tank using the center hole easy and wont cost more than about 10$

Also i dont see a pic

If you're not confident & you have the cash I guess that's good. It's really not hard to do and good to learn how to for the future and maintenance. Maybe cuz in a plumber lol but I'd say that's $80 that could be used better elsewhere for pretty remedial plumbing work. The members here can be great help if needed also.

Back
Top Bottom