New 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blbrown06

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello o will be setting up a new 75g tank and I wanted to know what is a good starter for developing my reefs. Keep in mind will have some fish in it as well not just a reef tank. Thanks in advance

Can you be more specific? That is a really broad question and hard to answer. We have some important articles in our articles section that can help you with things like cycling.

Can you be more specific? That is a really broad question and hard to answer. We have some important articles in our articles section that can help you with things like cycling.

Thanks I will look into the articles new to this app.

My question is what are some good starter corals/ live rock for my tank. Thanks

Live rock only means it has bacteria built up in it, which may or not still require a cycle. This is an expensive hobby. Save some cash and get macro or base rock and cycle the tank with a cocktail shrimp.
In terms of good starter corals, usually soft coral and zoanthids are easy starter due to their hardiness and lower light level requirements.

Live rock only means it has bacteria built up in it, which may or not still require a cycle. This is an expensive hobby. Save some cash and get macro or base rock and cycle the tank with a cocktail shrimp.
In terms of good starter corals, usually soft coral and zoanthids are easy starter due to their hardiness and lower light level requirements.

Thanks for the info

Check out liveaquaria.com. They are a great reference for the needs of the livestock we keep. Very accurate compared to other places that sell the same things.

My experience is mushrooms and yellow polyps and bubble corals are the easiest.

Back
Top Bottom