New 90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrNickyD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a new 90 gallon with a overflow I'm still I need of everything else. I wanted to see what other people recommend I get

Well, you'll need the plumbing parts, whether it be hose or pvc. :)

As far as equipment, I have 2 1400 koralias in my 90g fish only and a skimmer. You could make your own sump from a regular aquarium or get a premade one, I've gone both routes. And finally you'd need a return pump, I use a mag 9.5 on mine.

+1. oh and a better paying job;) trust me when I say youll never have enough money for your tank lol

+1. oh and a better paying job;) trust me when I say youll never have enough money for your tank lol
I'm a truck driver and I know how costly a saltwater can be I'm doing little by little. Learning each item one at a time. I got the tank and stand but with my stand I got to make a few cuts in it for plumbing and don't want to over cut it. My next step is to get sump and skimmer and return pump.

Well, you'll need the plumbing parts, whether it be hose or pvc. :) As far as equipment, I have 2 1400 koralias in my 90g fish only and a skimmer. You could make your own sump from a regular aquarium or get a premade one, I've gone both routes. And finally you'd need a return pump, I use a mag 9.5 on mine.
Thanks that's helpful. Giving me names work best for me so I can look it up and read up on it. So thanks for that

Here's a pic of my 40 gallon sump for my 90, I found better to make it then buy one

image-3840276443.jpg

image-1945090608.jpg

Do anyone have the ro/di system? I would like to learn more on that don't really understand it

Bulkreefsupply.com did a 3-part series on RODI units.
Why use RO/DI in Reef Tanks? EP: 1 Aquarium Reverse Osmosis - YouTube

also heres a link to their RODI units. great product that youll be happy you bought.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulk-reverse-osmosis-filters-systems.html

id recommend the 4-stage value plus at the minimum ( it comes with dual-TDS meter, pressure valve, and Auto shutoff valve pre-installed)

if you have the budget, and the water pressure for it, id recommend the 150 gpd upgrade kit.

Yea I seen those videos. How long would it take to fill up my tank with that system. Cause it says 75gpd is that having the sink running all day and storing the water in a tank that's what I'm confused on

That's the water running all day. I have a couple plastic garbage cans it fills into for storage. I also have some 5 gallon buckets too. My rodi has long lines I can run when doing top offs instead of lugging buckets around. I don't have a top off system... Yet.

Yea that would take sometime so it be best if I start saving up now so when I set up my sump skimmer and piping I can start adding the water

Also how many gallons do u get before replacing the filters on the ro/di system

That's my tank

Attachments

• image-277352779.jpg
    image-277352779.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1002341411.jpg
    image-1002341411.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3257475895.jpg
    image-3257475895.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 35
I got to make a few more cuts on the stand and I should be ready to buy sump and skimmer and pipes

go on youtube and search "BRS TV" and find their RODI video. they give a detailed rundown of what to expect with an RODI unit

Back
Top Bottom