New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New addition - tomini tang :)

Attachments

• image-4184845768.jpg
    image-4184845768.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 99
Could I add more fish to my tank?
I currently have-
2x clowns
Yellow wrasse
Tomini tang
Blue chromis
Sunburst anthias
& CUC

I was hoping to get a mandarin in a few months when I have enough pods and maybe an engineer goby? What do you guys think?

Anyone?
Also how long should I wait before I get a bta for my clowns? My tank is about 3-4months old now.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wait until its 6 months old IMO

I was gonna wait til about 8-10 months but I like your answer better lol, thanks for the reply.

mrwizard said:
I was gonna wait til about 8-10 months but I like your answer better lol, thanks for the reply.

If you can keep all parameters stable and have good filtration you dont have to wait good lighting stable params all they require nothing will change in 8 months that you cant do now

danbstrong said:
If you can keep all parameters stable and have good filtration you dont have to wait good lighting stable params all they require nothing will change in 8 months that you cant do now

That makes sense, I'm gonna try get my nitrates down before I try one tho, for some reason my nitrates have always been around the 20mark, just added some cheato into the sump so I'm hoping to see a difference soon. I have 2 ai sol units so I think the lighting will be good enough. thank you for the reply (y)

mrwizard said:
That makes sense, I'm gonna try get my nitrates down before I try one tho, for some reason my nitrates have always been around the 20mark, just added some cheato into the sump so I'm hoping to see a difference soon. I have 2 ai sol units so I think the lighting will be good enough. thank you for the reply (y)

I run my chaeto on 24/7 lighting never have any readings on nitrate always 0

danbstrong said:
I run my chaeto on 24/7 lighting never have any readings on nitrate always 0

At the moment I'm running it so when the dt lights are on the sump lights are off and vice versa, I'll leave them on starting today see if I get any change. I don't think I've ever seen nitrates at 0 lol. (y)

New additions - picked up an engineer goby today, he's quite happily making a burrow under one of my rocks, also picked up a sea hare and a montipora frag. Heres a pic of the frag

Attachments

• image-2512993011.jpg
    image-2512993011.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 77
kdpuffer said:
Nice frag, I'm actually trading some of my green and blue stripes mushrooms for for some of that.

Thanks, I thought it was quite cheap at £14 so had to grab it.
Those mushrooms you have sound like they got some nice colours to them, I think my next buy will be mushrooms, I have a few neon green corals in my tank so need some different colours.

Be prepared with mushrooms though cause they can spread fast once they get going. Check out my 55g build thread, right at the beginning I have pics of the shrooms.

kdpuffer said:
Be prepared with mushrooms though cause they can spread fast once they get going. Check out my 55g build thread, right at the beginning I have pics of the shrooms.

I kinda want them to grow fast but not that fast lol. Had a look at yours 2, like the purple ones you have, gonna keep my eye out for some of those.

mrwizard said:
I kinda want them to grow fast but not that fast lol. Had a look at yours 2, like the purple ones you have, gonna keep my eye out for some of those.

Those are actually blue striped mushrooms.

Thought I'd give this thread an update with a few pics of my corals when it's getting towards lights off-

Attachments

• image-1794420545.jpg
    image-1794420545.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3213604981.jpg
    image-3213604981.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1512333000.jpg
    image-1512333000.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3147079989.jpg
    image-3147079989.jpg