New Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Degonese

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new Condylactis Anemone. When I saw it at the store it was stationary and was not moving alot. But ever since I put it in my tank it has been moving like crazy. Is this normal? Is the anemone just getting comfortable? I did feed it this morning and it did take the food.
two more things. The anemone is not laying on it's back side (sit up). Will it do that on it's own when he's ready or do I need to move him like that. Also I have 2 tomato clown fish and they wont go near it. How long does it take before they get comfortable with it, (normally)?
Thank you

My first Anemone moved around until it found a hole in the largest rock in my tank. Of course it was on the backside, I had to rearrange the whole tank. It may be a lighting issue. Anemones need a mature stable tank with strong lighting. The clowns may never host it, you'll have to wait and see.

Clowns probably will not host in the Condylactis Anemone. It happens on rare occasions but for the most part it wont. This is not a good choice for anemone as you are learning they tend to walk about the tank constantly. Keep an eye on things as you may find the anemone stuck in a power head or the intake to a HOB filter (if you have one) watch out for it getting near you overflows as well.

As ezy33 said, anemones should be added to mature tanks (8+ months old) with strong lighting.

Back
Top Bottom