New Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gafights

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is the current set up I am working on. Tank has been purchased and about to order pumps and skimmers. If you guys see anything missing let me know and let me know what you guys think about the items on the list or if you recommend better for this set up. THanks.

Inhabitants
Epualett Shark, Short Tailed Nurse Shark, Blue Dot StingRay possibly another warm water shark about the same size as the two others.

7x7x3 Acrylic tank
overflow is directly in the middle of the tank
There will be approximately 900gallons of water flowing through this tank.
Custome faux live rock insert around the overflow box.
700lbs of live sand (Fiji Pink)

Three pumps all

Iwaki Pumps
IK1183
1" / 1" 2000 gph 39.0 12.75" x 6.2" x 6.9"

Skimmer
AquaC EV-2000 Protein Skimmer
EV2000 up to 2000gph Iwaki MD100RLT 42"ht 9" x 12" 1100 cu. in.

Im very interested in this build. My concern is that stringrays need quite specialized sand so their bellies do not get irritated. I'm not sure if your sand will be fine enough or not.

Ate those dimensions LxWxH? If so that'll be awesome.

I would like to do more possible get pumps that can do twice that but not sure if too much filtration would be bad. I think the skimmer is about as big as I can go with the setup I am using (due to the location and room for the skimmer) but I have thought about more circulation possible double (12,000 gph as opposed to the 6000 gph that I have listed.) What would you recommend.

Im very interested in this build. My concern is that stringrays need quite specialized sand so their bellies do not get irritated. I'm not sure if your sand will be fine enough or not.

The sand is Fiji Pink sand and I believe reated at .8 to 1.2 mg or something like that.

1.5 mm is too big I believe. That is LxWxH right? The dimensions that you gave Im talking about.

yes that is the measurments. I will look into that sand also. Thanks. What tank mates do you recomend . Wrasses, Damsels ect...

No wrasses...... I would do a tangs and...... Hmmm....... Maybe some batfish???? Batfish are real peaceful and gorgeous to watch. No angels, triggers, puffers, or predatory wrasse.

Tank will be at the house on Thursday. Then waiting on the pumps sand and skimmer and lights to get started. It's almost go time.

Back
Top Bottom