New at saltwater aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i want to start a saltwater aquarium and i need some help. What are some of the basics i will need and what would be good to put in the tank? what type of fish go good together? :fish2::thanks::thanks:

Plecko said:
i want to start a saltwater aquarium and i need some help. What are some of the basics i will need and what would be good to put in the tank? what type of fish go good together? :fish2::thanks::thanks:

Hey. Welcome to AA. Depends on what size tank u want and what u want to achieve. Such as fowlr, reef, predator tank.......... Have a flick through the forum at some of the guys set ups and go from there. Well thats what i did anyway. Once u know roughly what u want im sure advice will come flowing in. Good luck

Are you going to buy a tank of already have one that you are going to convert? The size of the tank will make a difference on the type of fish you can or can't have. Are you going to have a reef tank? That will help determine the fish you can have as well, some fish eat corals. What type of cuc are you wanting if any? Any invertebrates you are wanting? Remember the order you put your fish in may make a difference in what fish you can keep together.

Two things you will need is a refractometer and a test kit when you first begin.

It is always best to your ro water from day one to help cut back on the algae.

The light will be the most important thing when keeping anemones and corals.

Take your time only bad things happen fast in saltwater.

This is decent site to use for checking out sw fish Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

Back
Top Bottom