New Bio Cube 14gallon question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bekah413

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just purchased a Bio Cube 14gallon tank. I have a couple of questions. First, do I need to get a heater for this tank? I am planning on only beginning with some small tropical fish til I get my sea legs back again, its been a few years since I have had a tank and I have never had a Bio cube before.
Second, there are two switches at the top of the aquarium, one turns on the blue lighting and the other turns on the regular tank lighting, when i turn on the regular lights a fan turns on with the lighting. What is the fans function? Is it just to keep the lighting cooled off? As you can tell, I am confused. The tank came complete, brand new, plastics still on but it had no instruction manual and I have looked online to no luck for the answers to these questions. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you. Bekah413

I have just purchased a Bio Cube 14gallon tank. I have a couple of questions. First, do I need to get a heater for this tank? I am planning on only beginning with some small tropical fish til I get my sea legs back again, its been a few years since I have had a tank and I have never had a Bio cube before.
Second, there are two switches at the top of the aquarium, one turns on the blue lighting and the other turns on the regular tank lighting, when i turn on the regular lights a fan turns on with the lighting. What is the fans function? Is it just to keep the lighting cooled off? As you can tell, I am confused. The tank came complete, brand new, plastics still on but it had no instruction manual and I have looked online to no luck for the answers to these questions. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you. Bekah413

Wow - did you get a good deal for no instructions? Lol
I will bet you can find the manual SOMEWHERE online. Google!
Lastly, if you wish to keep tropical fish you will need a heater unless your home stays at least 76-80 all year :)
Idk anything else about the biocube except that I'm jealous and want one toooooo! Sorry! Hehe.
P.S. if you are going to use it for tropical fish don't forget to post other questions under the freshwater section! Good luck to you!

You will need a heater. I recommend putting it in the third chamber in the back. And the fans are supposed to help keep the lights cool so your water doesn't get too hot. You want a constant temp all the time day and night. So you are going for a freshwater set up?

Back
Top Bottom