New guy with a new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If possible I would buy the aiptasia x because it can be back in the future from more rock of even corals. Very handy to have in your arsenal! I seen it ob Amazon for $10. If you just want to remove the rock soak it in scalding hot ro water (no guarantees) and maybe even add vinegar. In those conditions it will die over time and so will everything else living in the rock itself. This stuff can just about survive a nuclear war! I've also heard that it can spit out a bunch of pore like babies that spreads throughout your tank. Goodluck and let us know how your first battle goes. Just wait till the cyano battle breaks out!!! Lol

I noticed three more tiny aiptasia pop up on a separate rock!!

Question:
Is it too early in the cycle process to introduce a couple peppermint shrimp to clean up at least the three tiny aiptasia??

I don't want the shrimp to remove the ammonia source and slow the cycle down.

The guy I bought the infested rock from was also baffled why I was told to put a cocktail shrimp in the tank. He said because I used all live stuff that I was basically good to go.

If he didn't know why, his rock having aptasia is example if his expertise. If the rock was dry at any point it'll have die off. You can go about business as normal, but it might end out badly. Even I have screwed up cycle stuff. I'd just get a shrimp and make sure that it is good to go. And us aiptasia x. It will kill it, peppermints prob won't.

Man if I was you I would go ahead and make the little investment and get the aiptasia x. I wouldn't even mess with the shrimp. But it is completely up to you, you're tank.

Ok, came home and discovered now a total of 7 very tiny aiptasia on one single rock and then the same 2 large aiptasia on the second rock.

I think Im set on just removing the one baby infested aiptasia rock and treating the other rock with the 2 larger aiptasia.

Anything wrong this.

My tank is still empty and accessible so that's why Im considering removal.

Back
Top Bottom