New job with 75% travel, how to maintain tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bix

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

There is a good possibility that I will be starting a new job soon that requires 75% travel. I'm looking forward to the job but had a few questions on maintaining my tank.

I have a 135G FOWLR with a Dogface Puffer and a Domino Damsel right now. Next I will be putting either a Emporer or Blueface Angel and then eventually a wrasse and then finally a picasso trigger.

I do have an automatic top off installed to keep the salinity in check.

I will be gone most of the time during the week.

I know the best would be to get someone to come out from my LFS, and that is something I will consider. I was wondering though, if I could feed them well before I go, and maybe drop a few frozen clams/live snails in there for them to eat over the week until I get back. I know this wouldn't be an issue if it was only a 1 week vacation or something but this will be a constant thing.

I'm trying to find automatic fish feeders for frozen food and can't find any.

Any thoughts? Does anybody on here maintain a tank by themselves and have a job that requires > 50% travel??

I've left my fish for 5-7 days in the past with an ATO and heavier feeding prior to me leaving. But you doing this constantly for most weeks is totally different IMO. I think you need to get a fish sitter to come by without a doubt.

Yeah I'm thinking the same, maybe I should think about getting a roomate who can take care of that stuff and I can give them cheap rent in return :D

I'm also pretty good with some of the workers at my LFS so we'll see if any of them live in the area and can do it for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom