new lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cycle Update. as of yesterday my readings were

Ammonia .35
Nitrite 1
Nitrate 15
Ph 7.8

Today
Ammonia .1
Nitrite .1
Nitrate 5
Ph 7.9

Added shrimp in the 20/21st
Looks like tomorrow night the readings should be bottoming out and ill be ready to do a water change and add some cuc

Hmm, not much of a spike at all, especially with a raw shrimp in there. Was this fully cured LR that you got at a LFS and put straight into the tank?

What test kits are you using?

It usuallly takes about a week for the shrimp to decay enough to cause a big spike, then another 3 weeks or longer for the cycle to complete. With enouhg fully cured LR it could happen this fast (maybe). In that case I would pull the shrimp out, let the cycle complete, then do a 30% or larger PWC. Wait another week, test, and if everything still looks good you can start adding livestock (slowly).

Good luck.

Oh, as for putting macro in a HOB, probably not enough room to hold the quantity of macro you need to do any good.

Im not sure if it was fully cured or not. I got it from LiveAquariua.com The shrimp is pretty much destroyed in the tank, not a whole lot left of it anymore. Ill pull it when i Get back home after my class and do another water test. As for my test kit it is API test kit

Edit - Well i got home from class and was on my way to getting the rest of the shrimp out of the tank. No such luck as once I got it to the top it fell in pieces. Is it okay to leave the rest of it in there and let my crew eat it up or take it out when I do a water change

Todays readings

Ammonia - 0
Nitrate 5
nitrite 0
Ph 7.9

Back
Top Bottom