New Member! Advice on a set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've always wanted a saltwater tank and I have just been offered a trade for one. The thing is I don't know much about them and need to move semi-quickly if I want to get the deal done. So here's what's included:

36 gallon seaclear bow front tank, stand, glass canopy, aq ultraclear 30, 60lbs of sand, 30lbs of live rock, siphon hob overflow?, 10 gallon sump? (pump?), magdrive 2 pump, zoomed rotating powerhead small. Light not included.

So is this a good set up? The traded is valued at about $400. Where's a good place to start learning about maintenance and set up before I add fish etc?

I apologize for my total ignorance, I'd do more independent research if the deal wasn't pressing.

Thanks!

Sounds good your just going to want to get a light for sure, protein skimmer, auto top off, test kits.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your in the right place to learn everything just be sure to be patient and research everything with a fine tooth comb before you purchase anything else for your set up. You are still looking at spending a nice penny to get opperational.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom