new piks of my tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

Almost been about 3 months... any suggestions on what to do to my tank ( what to change what to add? ) maybe you guys can tell me about some cool things that i dont no about!!

img_690917_0_8affc1516beef7d6bbedacec6e2df145.jpg
(alt+p)

img_690917_1_fef23804b0ddec96a07e1910c7d2c49a.jpg
(alt+p)

let me no what u guys thinkk

Plan on fish only or reef? If reef, look like you need more rock. What size tank is it? I'd try to get some swim thru holes.

Also, might wanna push the rock down to the glass bottom vs. on the sand. If you ever did burrowing critters, they'd likely topple the rock.

What fish do you have in there now? It looks like a yellow tail damsel, 3 striped damsel, 2 clowns. What is the other blue one and yellow one?
Austinsdad had a couple of good questions.

if you got a 30g tank you have a bio-overload load right now and have to have good filtration.

you got alot of fish in that tank. especially having a yellow tank in their also.

every 1 inch of fish per 5 gallon.

I agree with Hara, don't get a tang. That tank is WAY too small for a tang. Your bioload is pretty hefty right now. The tank looks good. Just give it a while to catch up to the bioload.

Quote:
Get a tang, either yellow or hippo

That would not be a very good idea.

I'll agree....and I'll offer this thought nugget...I thinks thats a tang in the rocks..... (Anyone disagree?).Click the photo and it gets a bit larger.

mannyfern09 will have to say for sure of coarse,just laying a solid guess out there...If so,I hope its a short term kinda thing.

SCFatz said:
Quote:
Get a tang, either yellow or hippo

That would not be a very good idea.

I'll agree....and I'll offer this thought nugget...I thinks thats a tang in the rocks..... (Anyone disagree?).Click the photo and it gets a bit larger.

mannyfern09 will have to say for sure of coarse,just laying a solid guess out there...If so,I hope its a short term kinda thing.

I agree that looks like a tang in the rocks. If this is in fact a 30g tank, there's to many fish in there and a bigger tank is needed to keep the tang. Also damsels IMO, with thier territorial and aggressive manners, need more space to keep that many. I see at least six fish in those pics, possibly more?

OK, as far as your question about what to change, the consensus is to return the yellow tang.

Still want our help?

Oh yeah, add a couple of powerheads and some more rock IMO too.

Back
Top Bottom