New Reefer!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sawyer_Peyton18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm new to the hobby! This is probably a dumb question but when you put coral in the tank do you sit it in the correct spot or do you use special glue??

It depends. You can place them in a temporary position if you have a solid base to weight them down (like a frag plug), or glue them.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a reef or are you in the planning stage?

I start all my corals on the sanded and then move them to their spot after about a week to light acclimate then as well.

Ok. When should I get my coral? Before or after cleanup crew? Before or after fish? Also how many corals should I buy and add at one time?

Maybe just being funny, it's exactly that kind of site.

You want a fully running and cycled system before you add anything. What are you thinking size and filtration wise?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe just being funny, it's exactly that kind of site.

You want a fully running and cycled system before you add anything. What are you thinking size and filtration wise?

I will be creating a 10 gallon nano tank. For filtration: live Rock, live sand, powerhead, HOB filter with grande chemi pure elite.
I plan on 2 or 3 fish tops and mostly shrooms polyps and a few softies.

It's not 4/20... Back on topic lol. I'd stick to two Max. I had issues when I tried a third in my ten.

Ok. What kind of fish do you recommend. Oh and by the way I will have a cuc and a cleaner shrimp. As well as a feather duster

Oh, duh.. Guess you can tell what I'm not into lol.

Two small fish should about stock it. Maybe an invert or three. Just be sure your lights provide enough output for the corals, but don't overheat the tank

Goby shrimp combos are great in a small tank like that. A small blenny, possum wrasses, chalk basses

Oh, duh.. Guess you can tell what I'm not into lol.

Two small fish should about stock it. Maybe an invert or three. Just be sure your lights provide enough output for the corals, but don't overheat the tank

Would the marineland reef led be powerful enough?

Back
Top Bottom