New RO/DI unit install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marco V

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just received and installed the 5 stage unit from BRS and the flow on the waste line is good but on the GOOD line (blue) is very slow , almost a trickle . Is there a way to get more pressure on the blue line . Oh I forgot to say , I have the five stage system.

I've got the 5+ system from BRS. It's just the way it is. Making RODI water is pretty slow unless you have really good water pressure to begin with (100 psi+). You can always get the booster pump or the add-on to change it from a 75gpd to a 150gpd system.

I usually turn on my rodi system on when I get home from work and turn it off in the morning before I go to work. Usually gets me close to fill up my 45g brute trashcan.

Thanks for the reply Rick , I've got the same system . I thought I did something wrong during the install .

I have a 5 stage system not from BRS but similar, and I have 65psi water pressure. (call your water utility give them your address sometimes they can tell you how much pressure you have at your house) and mine just puts out a trickle. I've heard thats good because it makes better water and less waste, I've heard some higher gpd units that flow more water either don't filter the water as good or generate a lot of waste water to boost the gpd a little bit. I also bought a 3g tank for mine so I have 3 gal on demand. You can buy one online or at lowes or home depot for around $40.

I just installed my BRS 5 stage and am making water today. I have a 32 gal. can for storage and it is about 3/4 full right now and I started at 10 am today. According to the instruction sheet the 75gpd will put out 3.12 gal. or RO/DI per hour which is just a slow trickle. I love it. It makes my portable unit look like a toy.

It looks like I'm going to have to look for a storage tank tonight . I'm going to look for one with a valve on the bottom , I seen one @ my LFS. I'll ask to see where they got them from .

did'nt even know it until I got the pressure guage, my water pressure in a 150 unit apartment building is at 80psi so my water fills pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom