new saltwater setup???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i have a 30 gal tank just asking to transform into a saltwater tank... but what could i do to it??

idea#1 nem tank
idea#2 seahorse tank
idea#3 something exotic(but what)?

what would you do with it??

It's really up to what you want to do. Personally, I'd like to do a designer clown tank with 2 picasso clowns, a rose BTA, and a few Acros.

Hmm, if this is your first saltwater tank i would stick with something basic like mentioned above, designer clowns and some coral and inverts. Just to get your feet wet so to speak. LOL Seahorses I hear are a handful to keep and a nem tank, well, I wouldnt go that direction anyways. hehe... they need intense lighting and a mature tank. :)

carey said:
Hmm, if this is your first saltwater tank i would stick with something basic like mentioned above, designer clowns and some coral and inverts. Just to get your feet wet so to speak. LOL Seahorses I hear are a handful to keep and a nem tank, well, I wouldnt go that direction anyways. hehe... they need intense lighting and a mature tank. :)
Im not too new... Iv been running a 55 gal reef for around a year or more. Its got two clowns , 4 nems , bunch of soft coral, ect... You have seen my setup on the forums b4.

wow just watched some videos about the angler fish... they are cool... do they have to live alone? or would one go well in my 55 gal? 55 gal has 1 clown,1royal gromma,1 blue eye tang.3 shrimp, some crabs and snails,and soon 1 black and white clown

Anglers are like lions, any of your other fish would be food. They are very aggressive eaters

ok thanks... the 30 gal is gonna be my wifes tank and she is wanting to do a seahorse tank

Back
Top Bottom