new setup, how much live rock to spread to my dry rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of mine got a 55 gallon that has old dry rock (the previous owner said it has sat for two years) There is 60 pounds according to what was told (i have not seen it) How much live rock should he buy to go with it to start the curing process for the dry rock? For instance, if he only got five pounds of live rock to go with the 60 pounds of dry rock how long will it take to all be viable?

Also, If he got a pair of clown fish, could he just have the anemones on just the live rock or does all the rock have to be live before he adds corals? one more thing, he plans to get a quad t5ho light. i assume that is good enough for most corals? one more thing, what should he do with the dry rock to prepare it for the tank? since it has been sitting for two years are there any precautions he needs to take?

i have also posted this in the reef forum. Neither place has received any replies/responses. Here or there. what forum do I need to ask these questions to get answers?

Back
Top Bottom