New stuff... New Questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

1) Ok I have a 2.5" - 3" ORA Blue Acropora Tort coming in on Tuesday.. I have several other Acros in my tank.. Is there anything Special about this specific Acro that I need to be aware of.. I mean I surely dont want something like this Dying on me.. BTW I will be posting pictures Either Tuesday Night or Wednesday Morning along with pictures of my other Hand Selected Acropora Colonies..

2) I was also Offered 2 BTAs that are being sent out to me.. I know they are very hardy and I know about water conditions and such but is there anything else in particular that I need to know about them... I have read alot of information about Carpets and Anemones in general.. I only plan on keeping one of the BTAs and getting rid of the other.. I was offered 2 as I was specifically looking for 2 S. Gigantae carpets.. 1 for me and one for a friend.. Well they didnt have any S. Gigantae and they stated that their Perculas take very well to the BTAs.. My Perculas came from them as well so I figured Free Is a very good price why not..

Anyways if anyone can give me as much info as possible on these 2 new soon to be inhabitants that would be awesome.. All that I found on the Tort is general Acropora stuff... Ohh yeah and that the Tort originated from Oregon from a Waves Marine.. LOL 20mins away.. Interesting story.. Came as a colony and RTNd and only little tiny tips were able to be saved and thats how the Tort came into the US..

TIA,
James

PS Kudos to all with Valid information on the 2 items mentioned above...

Is there anything Special about this specific Acro that I need to be aware of

Nope, lots of light to maintain it's blue color and good waterflow.

but is there anything else in particular that I need to know about them... I have read alot of information about Carpets and Anemones in general..

They move, BTAs move more than any other anemone I've kept. When they move they will sting any coral they come into contact with, be prepared for it.

Back
Top Bottom