New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warnerg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
if i were to use to cured live and rock and ro salt water from the fish store, how long till i can put coral in it?

i would wait a week and test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. if you see none after a week, it should be ok. how did you transport the rock? what size tank and how much rock?

i will be using a 14 gallon biocube and 14lbs of live rock and about a 2 inch sand bed. this is my first saltwater tank on my own and i have been researching and reading articles for about 3 weeks now. i will also use my t5 ho lights instead of the stock light on the biocube

did you transport the rock fully submerged? if so, there is a better chance you will not see a spike in parameters. i would still wait a week and test every other day for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

ok great. one more question, im on spring break of school, i go to app state, and i would like to buy live rock and sand locally. could i start the cycle here and then unplug everything and travel 3hrs to my apartment?

i guess so. there is more chance for the need of a complete cycle, the more the rock is subject to lack of oxygen, water.etc. worst case scenario, you need to wait a few weeks before adding corals.

Back
Top Bottom