New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ugh, what the heck.. tried twice to load the jabeo link and failed horribly. here it is. as I said before, I absolutely love mine and plan on not only adding another, but modding them to run on an apex controller.
Jebao WP-40 13000L Wave Maker(Jebo)
also if moneys not an issue, and you can fit it, go with the bigger skimmer

ugh, what the heck.. tried twice to load the jabeo link and failed horribly. here it is. as I said before, I absolutely love mine and plan on not only adding another, but modding them to run on an apex controller.
Jebao WP-40 13000L Wave Maker(Jebo)
also if moneys not an issue, and you can fit it, go with the bigger skimmer

I am going to order them but do I need one or two!? For a 75gal reef.

if its the wp40, you should be ok with 1. that's roughly 40x turnover not including a return pump flow. but id be careful with it, its easy to underestimate how much water this ph can flow. nice part is its extremely easy to dial it back via the controller.

Little bit of an early Xmas present to myself. More to arrive tomorrow!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131104_121936.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_121936.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 130
  • ForumRunner_20131104_121955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_121955.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 141
  • ForumRunner_20131104_122020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_122020.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 120
Got my two led light fixtures in today. Now I just need my protein skimmer to arrive which should be tomorrow so I can start building the sump. I wanna make sure I have proper amount of space for everything in the sump!

geez your as bad as me. i had boxes stacked up in the corner of our livingroom for 4 days due to all the stuff i ordered. be careful with those wp40's, its extremely easy to underestimate how strong they are. i wouldn't run them at full power together, may need a mop and bucket for that mess.

geez your as bad as me. i had boxes stacked up in the corner of our livingroom for 4 days due to all the stuff i ordered. be careful with those wp40's, its extremely easy to underestimate how strong they are. i wouldn't run them at full power together, may need a mop and bucket for that mess.

I am gonna run one on the wave function and the other at half power blowing behind the rockscape.

that's a different way to look at it. hes saying to add CUC and corals, getting the tank "habitat" established, then add the fish

Well here it is. My first attempt at a DIY project. Now to sit back and drink a beer while it dries! Man I hope it holds!

ForumRunner_20131108_163404.jpg

crap! im so used to looking at my right to left flowing refugium that the standard left to right tank looks weird lol

Ok just filled my first sump compartment with water. If it holds through the night I will finish building it. If not I will step back and rethink my approach.

One piece at a time. Silicone one side good and that should hold or apply painters tape to the "inside" and apply with a finger/rod or other applicator. Does that make sense?

One piece at a time. Silicone one side good and that should hold or apply painters tape to the "inside" and apply with a finger/rod or other applicator. Does that make sense?

It makes sense. It's gonna be tough getting silicone on both sides. Specially in a 1 in gap!

do the lower baffle first. itll be impossible if you silicone the upper baffle in first.oh and cigarette boxes are great for propping up the baffle

I put a bead of silicone then slid my baffle into place and added another bead on the other side. Then I smoothed both heads out with a stick and a smooth rounded object on the end. It worked pretty well for me, I hope it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom