New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put a bead of silicone then slid my baffle into place and added another bead on the other side. Then I smoothed both heads out with a stick and a smooth rounded object on the end. It worked pretty well for me, I hope it makes sense.

Great idea! Thanks

do the lower baffle first. itll be impossible if you silicone the upper baffle in first.oh and cigarette boxes are great for propping up the baffle

Unfortunately I don't smoke but I have two delran blocks to put under the raised pane of glass. Thank for the input. All suggestions are welcome!

Just received my hydor power heads and controller plus a digital thermometer. This may be a dumb question but how would I hook up 4 hydor power heads to one controller? Cause I'm am gonna buy another two power heads.

The controller I got has two plugs on it. But all the reviews I read about it they said it can support multiple power heads on each plug. Just wondering how that worked. I would like to put two on each plug.

id venture to say that you just plug the powerheads into a spider plug, then plug that into the controller. however I wouldn't personally run more than 2 on each outlet. I cant remember if the hydor wavemaker has a soft start feature, (I don't think it does) so running the kind of current needed to start 2-3 powerheads on a single outlet may shorten their life .

id venture to say that you just plug the powerheads into a spider plug, then plug that into the controller. however I wouldn't personally run more than 2 on each outlet. I cant remember if the hydor wavemaker has a soft start feature, (I don't think it does) so running the kind of current needed to start 2-3 powerheads on a single outlet may shorten their life .

I just want two hydor 1500s on each plug

Ok, I looked up the power consumption of the 1500's and it says 6watts so you should be ok with two per channel.

What you need is either a very short extension cord or a two plug splitter from say home depot, Shouldnt be more than a couple bucks each. Just plug in two powerhead cords to the one side and then plug the main plug into the controller.
Hope I explained it like I thought it lol

Ok, I looked up the power consumption of the 1500's and it says 6watts so you should be ok with two per channel.

What you need is either a very short extension cord or a two plug splitter from say home depot, Shouldnt be more than a couple bucks each. Just plug in two powerhead cords to the one side and then plug the main plug into the controller.
Hope I explained it like I thought it lol

Seriously that's all I need!!!? I thought it was more complicated then that....

Second baffle is in and water tight. Also the stand is being started. I'm almost there.... I still need salt which I'm going with red sea salt coral pro. I need rock which I'm going with BRS reef saver base rock, I need sand but I don't know what to get... Fiji pink or pool filter. I know there is a difference in price but does anyone have reviews on either?? I want sand sifters. And I also need test kits. I have No clue where to start with them!

I've used both pink fiji and pool sand. I like the pool sand's texture, color and price so I tend ti use that. But if you like the color and look of the fiji then its up to you about the price difference. Pool filter sand is about $5 for 50lbs and so far I have only found it at home depot.
For test kits I;d recommend API liquid tests for the basics like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and high range ph. When you want to test for calcium, magnesium and phosphates I stick with salifert or red sea has some good tests.

I've used both pink fiji and pool sand. I like the pool sand's texture, color and price so I tend ti use that. But if you like the color and look of the fiji then its up to you about the price difference. Pool filter sand is about $5 for 50lbs and so far I have only found it at home depot.
For test kits I;d recommend API liquid tests for the basics like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and high range ph. When you want to test for calcium, magnesium and phosphates I stick with salifert or red sea has some good tests.

Thank you carey for your thoughts. I didn't think anyone was gonna respond! On another note I just siliconed the third baffle. Boy was that interesting. I hope it holds! Progress is slow but at least I'm working in the right direction!

ForumRunner_20131119_172703.jpg

Here is the picture for some reason it wouldn't load the first time!

So I'm sitting here on solid works designing a stand for myself then I realize my sump is the same width of my display tank.... Will it look stupid is I have an extra 2" in front and behind the tank? This is kinda irritating me..

Back
Top Bottom