new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everybody I'm Abraham n I'm just getting back in to the hobby I've gas some experience with sw reef and few n few planted tanks in the past now I'll be moving somewhere between march n April and the owner only allows up to a 35 gallon tank n I've been thinking of setting Either a 30 breeder or a 29 gallon n I'm not complely sure which one I want yet I was leaning more towards the 29 but the other is longer and shorter my question is if I was to go with the 29 what kind of lights will I need to keep corals know I'll need atleast 30 lbs of live sand n 30 live rock but what other equipment should i get

Nano cube or Bio cube, they both come decked out and you don't have to worry about buying things separately. Plus they aren't too spendy (the livestock will take care of that!) good luck!

Nano cube or Bio cube, they both come decked out and you don't have to worry about buying things separately. Plus they aren't too spendy (the livestock will take care of that!) good luck!

I agree, if just getting into salt go with either of these but get the biocube hqi or the jbj led one. These will allow you to grow whatever coral you want. Definitely worth the extra $$$$

Sorry I forgot to mentioned that idk which tank I wanted because those r the ones I already have empty but that is for your responses

Get a lagoon tank! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am setting up a 20g long. They are a cool size.

Never heard of a 30 breeder. The 40 breeder is a awesome reef size.

Oh. That sounds good!

Just go with a 40 breeder great foot print and they make beautiful reefs and much easier to find than a 30b

Petco was having their dollar per gallon sale. 40 bucks for a 120 dollar tank sounds good to me!!

Well a 40 b setup would probably weigh about 450 even with a 20g sump it would weigh 600ish I would think and if your just running a stand alone the 5 gals would only add 50 lbs with extra sand and rock and water I bet your landlord would work with you or you could just tell them it's a 35 cause whose actually gonna check

Well a 40 b setup would probably weigh about 450 even with a 20g sump it would weigh 600ish I would think and if your just running a stand alone the 5 gals would only add 50 lbs with extra sand and rock and water I bet your landlord would work with you or you could just tell them it's a 35 cause whose actually gonna check

True, who's gonna measure, as of right now I'm in the planning stages still I won't set it up until I move to the new place either mid march not later than first week of April also to consider is space moving with roommates leave me no room but I'm my own room

Back
Top Bottom