New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deckaman225

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got my new tank gonna get every thing to set up this weekend [ATTACHImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393897066.546687.jpg]225777[/ATTACH] I still don't know wat it is I'm just gonna say it's really close to a bio cube the pump is working good just Runin a leak test doin good can wait to set up!! It has a hood but it's not too good I think I'm just gonna get one of those 120v led lights off eBay and make a top!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393897028.225082.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393897028.225082.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 68
Lol thx that's wat I meant I got a question about filters are all or most SW tanks just bio filters no like AC type filter this one has a porous type sponge thing in the first then bio balls then like coral lookin stuff in the third is this how SW should be or do I need to change some of this

That's a false wall to the in tank filter. Yeah, it sounds like you have some live rock rubble, a sponge, and bio balls.

In saltwater there are many different filters. Sumps, are separate tanks that run tuns of things. HOB filters like AC, commonly used on NANO tanks. Intank AIO filters, like you have, where everything is in the tank. If I were you id get rid of the Bio Balls and the sponge. I've never run an AIO, but Carey, has run bio cubes and can probably help here.

Back
Top Bottom