New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_dude84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a 135 gallon tank. I'm about to start making the stand for it. This is the first time I'll be making a sump and I'm not sure how to do the plumbing for it. I got a 30 gallon tank running right and that's what I'll be using for the sump. The skimmer for that would be too small so which one would u guy recommend? The 135 tank already has two over flow boxes and the holes r already drilled at the bottom. Any advice and recommendations will be helpful. Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401746356.026799.jpg

Go slow and easy! I remember building my sump and doing all the plumbing for my 40 breeder!!! Lots of work, lots of stress, but hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403633154.576324.jpg This was me!

Yup I know what u mean. I'm just now finishing up the stand. I still got a lot of stuff to buy but u know how things get expensive ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403636789.085606.jpg

Should be done by this weekend

Looks great so far! Can't wait until I graduate college and become more stable. I'm going invest in a huge reef! Ahahah

Thanks. I just got into this about 4 months ago and I didn't realize how expense it is

I said the same thing.. Start small and do a 40 breeder... I'm over 1,500 total

I started with a 35 and then like two months later I want a bigger tank so I bought the 135g and now that I think about it I wish I would've started with that lol

Yeah I could have done the same, but it would be hard to do that and attend college full time + work. A 40 breeder isn't so bad, and is quite manageable.

For plumbing ideas you could always check you tube, I've had pretty good luck getting ideas and pointers on there.

Ya I've been doing that I'm just not sure how I should do it with two overflow boxes

Back
Top Bottom