New tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

kansaschick08

Well I have been thinking, now that I only have like..4 mollies left that are hanging around in my 10gal freshwater tank..i would like to take a stab at that saltwater tank. So I have decided that I want to put my 4 mollies in my 5gal tank and then use the 10gal for saltwater. However, I do not know how many fish I could put in there or what kind to put in. What kind of filter would I need? What all do I need for a saltwater tank? Basicaly all that I need help on is...setting up the whole thing. Help.

-Shannon

welcome to the saltie side! :D Well, it depends on what you want the 10 gal to be.
Is it going to be FO, FOWLR or a reef? I will say though, that a 10 gal tank will be a challenge ( more water=more stable water parameters). also it would help you if listed the stuff you already have for the 10 gal. good luck :mrgreen:

explain to me what the Fish only thing is..is it like..only fish w/o plants?? and the fish only with live rock?

take a look at some of the post by other people starting out. lately there been bunch of people switching from FW to SW. HTH

fish with plants for me. and the only thing that ihave...water. i dont know where to start. so i started here. what will i need? well..which kind of tank looks better?

heres a couple things youll need that are basic and do more research in the " article section"

a SW test kit
a hydrometer(tests salinity of the water)
heater
filter
substrate LS or CC
LR
lighting ( for LR)
SW mix
some basic stuff...then comes the cycling prossess

okay well i will have to talk to my parents about this, i want it to be my christmas present.

Back
Top Bottom