New Tank Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! I won a brandnew 4ft 120g glass tank with dual mega overflows of ebay for $250.00. It was from a lfs in tampa fl. I talked with the guy and told him I didnt realize the tank was 4ft. He said he would sell me a 6ft 120g for the same price without the overflows. He said with overflows he would sll for $350.00. My question is this. Should I go with the 4ft or 6ft? I am going to call him and see about a 180g because his prices are good.

Do you think the prices are good?

Also keep in mind that I am probably going to put it in a wall in the living room. Longer would look better right?

TIA! :wink:

Rev, how cool..congrat!!!
Go with the 6 ft. You could maybe have it drilled.
Great day for you. :multi:

Thanks all!! How much does it cost to get one drilled?

He said that he could do a 6ft drilled with 2 megaflows for $350.00. Does that sound reasonable? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Bring it over to the house, we'll drill it out...lol
Sorry rev, not sure.

Yes Nitrite! He will not ship though. He said he would get me a 6ft not drilles for $250.00. M&M Pets is the store, in Tampa Fl. Do you want to email me your phone # or something to give him?

PS. I'll be over next week with it Qshark!! :D

Do you want to email me your phone # or something to give him?

Thanks but no Rev, just found out I might have to take my 150 home (its in my office now) If I do that I wont have an extra 6' of wall to put it on.

Thanks All, but I'm not buying the tank. After the auction was over me and the guy talked on the phone. I asked him that instead of getting the 4ft, could I get a 6ft reef ready, which he would have made more money on. He said Yes. I told him that when I take my vaction to Fl in August, I could pick it up. He said fine, go ahed and pay when you decide if you want a stand or not. Well, that was the last time we talked, and today I got a negative remark from him on ebay, saying that I did not cntact him, or anything. So I replied back with a shorter version of what I told you. I also emailed him and asked about what we discussed. Then I went and left POSITIVE feedback for him. I stated that he had great tank prices. Anyway thought I would share. So the tank is on hold until September. It's ok though, gives me more time to decide. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom