New Tank Build 35Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
save these pics, because you are going to look back and laugh! not making fun, but your final project will look like something completely different!

always does lol I look at my other tank and the amount of rock and coral that I have it in it and it shocks me to think how little it started with..

Im trying to find some nice rock outta local reefers tanks (a lot cheaper than uncured store rock) got most of this rock from a local reefer right out of his display tank for $2/lb so im pretty happy with it so far but yes I want more.

This rock is also loaded with feather dusters and pods which is a great start to my system.

they will all be loaded with feather dusters and pods eventually. where are you located? if you are near the philly airport i can order you some rock for next to nothing.

they will all be loaded with feather dusters and pods eventually. where are you located? if you are near the philly airport i can order you some rock for next to nothing.

Calgary, Canada ;) hard to find good rock here other than from reefers, most of the stuff i stores here has very little life on it and is almost always completely white I have seen a few nice rocks and I try and grab them when I can but never had one hitch hiker off those rocks yet. and at 9-10$/lb its not worth it to me when I can watch the local reef forums for deals and steals.

I normally just watch for deals through the local reef club, get some nice rock that way with lots of life.

Big Diatom bloom right now but heres the stock so far..

1 Blood red fire shrimp
2 True Perc Clowns
1 six line wrasse
3 snails

Devils hand Leather
GSP
Zoas
Xenia frag (still looking sick from fragging been a week..)

img7280tf.jpg

img7281iy.jpg

img7284h.jpg

img7294.jpg

Current counter
age.png

well I would be mighty pissed if they are, because the store sold them as ORA Tank Breed True percs

whats the best way to tell?

I wasnt really checking to make sure they were true percs when I got them I was looking more for signs of stress or sickness :p

ahh..the good old days when the tank looked bare, like a new canvas to paint your masterpiece. enjoy this simple time. sometime soon you will be looking for places to squeeze in just one more coral...lol.

this one isnt going to have much just what you see there

Small SPS frag
GSP
Xenia
Devils Hand
Zoas

I do because I plan to add a dwarf Angel soon lol so once the Xenia starts to spread and get healthy It will be a not so reef safe reef tank lol

exactly its a 50/50 chance right so if I end up with the one that does eat corals, rather it be Xenia and GSP lol

Back
Top Bottom