New Tank, Lighting, Sump pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here it is...cycling 70 lbs of rock...ammonia at zero, nitrites off the chart..sure wish it would move along. We do have diatoms now though so we must be moving in the right direction.

How does the water level in the sump look to you guys...It is right at the
height of the baffle.

yeah, the rock looks almost non existant, luckily we have 90 lbs in the 150 to move over.

Water level looks fine. The key is that it not be injecting air into the tank and that it hold all the water from a back syphon when the pump is powered down.

Anemoneman said:
Hara, one question. Do you plan on keeping your lights that high all the time or was that just for the pic?

The aqualine buschke manual said to keep it at least 12 inches above the water line, right now it is 10 inches from water, 8 inches from the glass.

roadster3043 said:
What are you using for and in the sump

Right now there are 2 jars of miracle mud plus one bag of sand on the refugium side and 2 jars of macromedia on the pump side. Have a few small branches of caulerpa in the mud, will add more plants as I can find them.

Looking g00d!

I have some red tang's heaven algea growing nicely, and some chaetomorphae coming in tomorrow from Richard Durso that I can share with you, Hara. =)

Back
Top Bottom