New tank ready for Sand and Rock! :) (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringwurm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We with everyone's help I was able to get my new hood built and all my powerheads/skimmer running. I just picked up some sand last night and my RO/DI unit and base rock should be here monday. With any luck I should have the new water mixed and be ready to aquascape by next weekend. :)

My equipment so far
-----------------------------------
29G
Pro-Heat II 200w
AquaC remora w/ Maxi 1200
2- Maxi 900's
Deep 6 hydro
Kent Sea Salt
45lbs Caribsea Argonite Sand
30lbs of hirocks on the way for base
30lbs of live rock from LFS when the tank is ready
110GPD RO/DI from Filterdirect (ebay)

I would like to start a sump project a few months from now once I have a little more free time.

Here are pics of my progress:
BEFORE----------------------------- (My buddy gave me his old tank)
stand.jpg

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

AFTER----------------------------------------------
The new and improved w/ new hood
tfront1.jpg

front2.jpg

hood1.jpg

side1.jpg

Greg

to save you some time i would add the base rock then the sand and if ya can have the ro unit drip water into the tank very very slow over a rock this will help the cloud of sand (if its fine sand like southdown) and ya wont be waiting for a week to clear up !! what i ended up doing on mine was i filled it to fast so i drained it and then filled realllllll slow took like 7 hours for a 90 but after that ya could see into it by morning was alot better !! then i added the salt !! i dont like adding salt right into a tank with rock and sand but instead added it to the sump and let it disolve its way into the tank :) good luck looks good :)

Back
Top Bottom