new tank set up advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok got the new 125 i think?!?!?! its 6" long 22 1/2" high 19" wide the glass is 1/2" thick with no center braces which makes me happy :)

now i was wanting to go with the a surge set up but the girlfriend isnt wanting the noise or the look of buckets on top of the tank :-( she been giving me a hard time about it !
my other thoughts are :
1. get two tunze streams pumps but one thing i dont know about is if i bought these two pumps can i add a controller later ? im thinking not :-(
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=TZ1313
i cant buy the set with the controller right now a bit much ! also if not could they handle being on a timer ya think?
2. my other thought is to go with two large external pumps one on each end on timers and make a closed loop using pvp with holes to the feed to the pumps !
3. not real sure which external can or would be better on timers ? not looking at mag drives more in line with dolphin/sedra/md/iwaki if i can but $$$ mabe quite one would even work !
im leaning toward the larger pumps due to the fact i dont really want any power heads in the tank and if i did tunze prob be the only one id go for on this tank ! any thought ideas would help on my final choice/planning thanks
btw this my 1st 6' tank

well the tank isnt drilled ! i should receive my duel tube over flow tomorrow !
i was gonna use a scwd on the return and prob use my mag 24 on that i know its more than the scwd can handle but ill split the return from the pump to a 55 ! im going to have the 125 in the living room and 2 55 gallon tanks along with the sump on the other side of the wall !
the prob with mag drives ive heard that the housing can crack and or leak if its ran external ! pluss they run so hot imo ! why i was wanting to know what external pump around 2000 gph that could handle being on timers ! this way id set up the over the back duel loops and have them on timers along with the return scwd !
i can get a good deal on a pump like this for the loop
http://www.ponds2go.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3600SEQ12
just unsure the best way to go now !
but this pumps only uses 160 watts for 3000 gph and a mag 18 uses 145 for 1800 big difference ya know !! thats why they run so hot !

Back
Top Bottom