new tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waelaase

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this is my tank setup
what else i need
long distance is 110 cm
short distances are 40 cm
height is 60 cm
i want to have fish and some animons

what light i need
i have two white florecent 2x60
two blue florecent 2x60
one halogen 1x200

Interesting shape for a 70 gal tank. Was that a stock design or did you have it built?

The halogen light will most probabley not be of any use with your tank. They emit a very low kelvin rating as a rule and will promote many unwanted algae growth. Without more info on that I would remove it.

The many NO lights are okay for an FOWLR set up, but will not be any good for most all types of anemone's. In that regard you would need the light intensity that a reef set up would require. PC's, VHO or MH would be the better choice or a combination thereof. That would greatly depend on the types of other animals you wish to keep.

You should also be aware that anemone survival rates are increadibley poor in captive settings and should really be avoided. A new tank is also not a good place for anemones either. They are very sensitive to water quality and changes in their environment. I would suggest waiting a least a year to allow the tank to mature and then decide if it is still even possible. :wink:

What is the GPH of your PH's and the return pump?

Cheers
Steve

thanx for help

the tank is running for about 6 monthes now
it has 2 clowns and an animoon
i want to know is the place of the skimmer is ok
and for the PH what it should be and is 2 enough and the places is ok
the filter place is ok
and the power of it what it must be
i'm away now from the tank for a week so i cannot give any more details for now
thanx again

Re: thanx for help

waelaase said:
the tank is running for about 6 monthes now
it has 2 clowns and an animoon
Do you know the species of anemone?

i want to know is the place of the skimmer is ok
and for the PH what it should be and is 2 enough and the places is ok
I cannot comment on the PH themselves if they are enough without knowing their GPH output. As far as placement is concerned though, you may wish to move the one nearest the filter box and skimmer as it will push the pollutants away from the equipment rather than to it. It could easily be just moving it down more but I would recommend placing it on the other side of the filter return so it pushs the water towards the skimmer and filter box.

the filter place is ok
and the power of it what it must be
The filter box is placed fine but again without knowing the GPH of your return I cannot tell you if it's enough as well as not knowing the head pressure associated with the pump.
Are you using a canister or sump?

In general the total GPH output of the return pump and the PH should equate to about 8-10x minimum the tanks water volume. So you are looking at a total of 700 GPH from all water moving equipment.

Cheers
Steve

thanx again

i have a couple of questions
how u calculate 700gph
and someone told me to move the skimmer and the intake to filter to the corner between the long sides
so it divide the tank
is it good
althoug i have many rocks in this corner so the intake of filter and skimmer will be behing rocks
thanx
and i'm sorry for bothering
this is my first salt water tank
i used to freshwater for about 10 years
it's too easy for salt
thanx again

Re: thanx again

waelaase said:
i have a couple of questions
how u calculate 700gph
Your tank is approx 70 gal (265 lt) and the minimum GPH for a reef tank should be 10x the tank volume therefore 700 GPH. You can always add more depending on the corals you keep as some like strong water flow. It really depends on the animals you keep.

and someone told me to move the skimmer and the intake to filter to the corner between the long sides
so it divide the tank
I think were the filter is will be fine. As long as the intake is not obstructed and you add a PH at the opposite side to push more water in it's direction. You did not say if it is a canister filter or an overflow to a sump?

is it good
althoug i have many rocks in this corner so the intake of filter and skimmer will be behing rocks
As long as the rocks do not block the flow or prevent free access. Rocks can be placed loosely in front of the filtration but they should not be allowed to rest against the filter equip.

Don't worry about the questions, it's all good. :p

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom