New tank size??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DomDaBomb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am still undecided of the size ranging from 60g-150g but I am going to get a reef tank but I have zero clue in how to feed corals is it hard to do? And what corals and fish are recommended

Believe it or not the bigger the tank the easier to set up the way you want it and easier to maintain and your options aren't limited but more expensive is the only downfall. I just went from a 55g to a 125g and love it more. You can find a lot of good info on liveaquaria.com about what is reef safe, invert safe and what fish are compatible, as well as Coral.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been doing this for over 20 years and I decided I'm gonna get a 20g nano tank with a built in everything and get 2 Wyoming clowns and 2 of the regular kind of clowns then get live rock and bunches of coral (new to coral) and yea but that's how I'm gonna go

I have been doing this for over 20 years and I decided I'm gonna get a 20g nano tank with a built in everything and get 2 Wyoming clowns and 2 of the regular kind of clowns then get live rock and bunches of coral (new to coral) and yea but that's how I'm gonna go

You can do 1 pair of clowns in that tank. Having 2 pairs would create a lot of territory disputes and fights.

You can do 1 pair of clowns in that tank. Having 2 pairs would create a lot of territory disputes and fights.

What other fish could I put in ? Do u think if I upgraded to a 30g I could add a cowfish and a fuzzy dwarf clownfish?

Just commenting on the nano idea. I own a ten gallon reef tank and it is my first saltwater tank of any kind. I had a planted tank for around 4 or 5 years prior to setting up my reef two years ago. If I could do it again I would go larger. Like 40 gallons minimum. It took me around a year to catch up with the curve and learn how to manage parameter swings before I even had any success with stock of any kind. My tank is now in a much better place and doing well, but sometimes I get a little frustrated with the sensitivity of the system due to its small size. Just my two cents, but if I were you I would go as big as my budget would allow. You won't regret it. (y)

What other fish could I put in ? Do u think if I upgraded to a 30g I could add a cowfish and a fuzzy dwarf clownfish?

I would suggest doing some heavy research by looking through liveaquaria.com. They have the most accurate recommendations when it comes to tank size of fish that I've stumbled across. You'll mostly be stuck in their nano fish section due to how much space most of the fish you are looking at need, such as cowfish needing tanks that are in the 150 and up range.

That's what I suggested too but got a little snotty with me when I did. Sounds like there's no experience there at all. I've been doing this for a lot less time than what they said and seems like I know more about the subject than they do.

Back
Top Bottom