New to Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marys0314

Aquarium Advice Newbie
If I were to have a 75 gallon tank would it raise my electric bill A LOT?
I have a friend that has Oscar's and needs to find a home for them. But my dad said they raise the electric bill to much. So please help me

A simple FW set up. light, heater and filter will burn about a $.50 a day depending on your utility rates
54 watt light 200 watt heater 25 watt filter
Offer to do extra chores to off set the cost :fish2:

I've got four tanks running in my house, including a 75gallon. For freshwater it won't bother the bill

i didn't notice any increase in my bill until i went nutz and got a 180 with 3 120 watt led lights 4 pumps 2 300 watt heaters ATO sump light and a skimmer :facepalm:
My bill went up around $36

Grizz said:
i didn't notice any increase in my bill until i went nutz and got a 180 with 3 120 watt led lights 4 pumps 2 300 watt heaters ATO sump light and a skimmer :facepalm:
My bill went up around $36

+1 freshwater tanks have never really put a dent in my utilities until I made the switch to SW which then your talking about a serious amount of consumption per gallon. As for your 75 unless you went crazy high tech planted the electric bill shouldn't be an issue nor the water

FW is cheap. Heater probably won't even turn on in the summer as the tank runs cooler. one or two T8 bulbs and the power filter.
But don't mention to him once you start FW you may want to go SW. That's when it goes Cha-Ching

Back
Top Bottom