New to saltwater, need a little help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
really? wow...that's quite deceiving then. i was assuming it was barely 10 pounds.
yeap, fish, coral, and anemones.

i don't know what to tell you other than what i would do. i'm not there and can't go by more than i see in text and pics.
i don't want to put you through a bunch of aggravation, but if you have ammonia, there is a problem, and the water is unsafe for livestock.
will a few water changes correct it? i don't know. while unlikely, it's possible it's just a spike from the sand being stirred up and removed.
try a couple large water changes maybe.

Yeah it is very frustrating trying to get a good picture, here is a better one.

I understand how hard it must be to give people advice without seeing the tank in person. I have had nothing but sound advice from you, so no need to explain yourself.

I will try to do another water change tonight, the lfs is closed, and if it is not better by morning I will talk to my lfs.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110118_170948.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110118_170948.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106
Ok I think my test kit is bad. I picked up a new kit by api, and retested. The new readings are: ph 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. I am a little more relaxed. I still am going to get some more live rock.

I have 15 gallons of saltwater mixed up, will it keep?

Thank you for all your help.

those readings sound good. yes, salt water will keep for a long while. i would keep it moving with a power head and keep it covered to not let any light in.

Back
Top Bottom