New to saltwater need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ordered the same one for my new rimless tank. It comes with a template to show you where the holes go. It's a no-brainer!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388349707.241742.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388349773.141024.jpg

Ok this may be a stupid question but is there anyway I can use this hang on back canister filter as a pump to pump water into my sump instead of using a over flow? I was gunna use this in my sump anyway and just have the charcoal in it.

The only way you can make that work is if the refugium is drilled and it sits above the tank. It's impossible to synchronize 2 pumps to pump exactly the same amount, so either the display will overflow, or the sump will.

[QU OTE=mr_X;2769727]The only way you can make that work is if the refugium is drilled and it sits above the tank. It's impossible to synchronize 2 pumps to pump exactly the same amount, so either the display will overflow, or the sump will.[/QUOTE]

We'll the canister filter is only for a 55 gallon so I don't think it would pump that much and what if I just make the pipe go up a little after leaving the canister and make the piping a little long so it will slow the flow and separate it.

We'll I guess it doesn't matter. I'm gunna drill it anyway. I live in a apartment so a spill over is not an option...so I just have to patient I just don't know how I'm gunna do it Bc that's tanks to big for the tub and it's winter where I live so outside is gunna be hard.

Drill it right in your living room. You don't have to use a hose on it....just the small pool of water that sits inside the plumbers putty. Put a few towels inside the tank to catch the water when you go through.

Drill it right in your living room. You don't have to use a hose on it....just the small pool of water that sits inside the plumbers putty. Put a few towels inside the tank to catch the water when you go through.

Thanks man so much for the info. Now that you said that I'm deff gunna do it. I'll be ordering that kit prolly this weekend. I want this tank up haha but still gotta have my buddy build the stand.

I'm in the same boat. I have a tank sitting in my living room with no holes in it and no stand. I'm getting anxious.

I'm in the same boat. I have a tank sitting in my living room with no holes in it and no stand. I'm getting anxious.

I wanna drill i just don't know if it's tempered glass and it scares me

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388519635.260827.jpg

Has to re do the sump. For one I messed up and sucked the first time and use the wrong stuff that wasn't meant for water submerging so I peeled it all up and re did it. Also did it differntly this time and want a refugium so I'm hoping this will work.

That should work, but I would not have that sponge in there. It will need constant maintenance and it will slow the pods from making it to the display. I wouldn't want any obstacles between that and the display except for the return pump.

That should work, but I would not have that sponge in there. It will need constant maintenance and it will slow the pods from making it to the display. I wouldn't want any obstacles between that and the display except for the return pump.

Ok thanks I'll take it out

I think I'm gunna put the egg crate where the sponge is so that it can some algae will grow on it.

So can anybody tell me if the light I already purchased will do the job? From what I've been reading it should Bc pretty good for now until later on down the road when I get more experienced and start adding harder stuff to the tank.

That light should allow you to keep a lot of stuff, however, it's not dimmable and you might have a tough time getting photosynthetic creatures acclimated to it. Also, it doesn't look like you have enough blues opposed to whites, so I don't think you are going to be happy with the color, or coral coloration.

That light should allow you to keep a lot of stuff, however, it's not dimmable and you might have a tough time getting photosynthetic creatures acclimated to it. Also, it doesn't look like you have enough blues opposed to whites, so I don't think you are going to be happy with the color, or coral coloration.

Yea I actually thought of that so I think I'm gunna buy those strip leds for for the blue ones. And for the dimming part I guess there's not much I can do now

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389753294.011173.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389753319.393219.jpg

Got my light. I'm so excited to start to put this thing together. I just gotta take my time.

Back
Top Bottom