New to Sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwetton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im thinking of trying a salt water 10g fish only tank. Not worried about having tons of fish just want to try my hand at it. Im relatively experienced at fish keeping just freshwater only. So is there a thread that will tell me what equipment i need? What type of substrate to use, basically i need a starting point so i can begin expanding research/ gathering equipment so i can begin cycles etc. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Salt isn't hard. FOWLR tanks are just like freshwater, really. You'll want to get yourself aggregate sand and porous rock, be it live, cured, macro, base...whatever. Follow one pound per gallon with both.
With reef tanks, we suggest using ro/di water. You can easily get away with using distilled water, especially with a FO setup.
Of course you'll need salt, any will do so whatever is cheapest. To go with this, skip over the hydrometer as they are inaccurate, and get yourself a cheap refractometer so you can keep your salinity accurate and stable.
Of course a heater.
You will need a small powerhead for water movement.

Back
Top Bottom