New to SW/ 40br fowlr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I 100% agree

So I bought one at Petco today. $49.99, and I'm thinking, well my powerheads were cheaper. Then I flip open a dr. foster smiths catolog and there it is....19.99:banghead: Time to go headbutt someone at Petco tomorrow!

So I bought one at Petco today. $49.99, and I'm thinking, well my powerheads were cheaper. Then I flip open a dr. foster smiths catolog and there it is....19.99:banghead: Time to go headbutt someone at Petco tomorrow!
ouch!! I think I may order one if it's that cheap

Can't beat their prices. I just ordered a 1050 and 750 korlia and saved 60 bucks I always check with them worth the wait.

They ship pretty quick. I have no complaint with my recent order with them.(y)(y)

Save as much money as you can in SW because it gets expensive :) you can return the power heads to Petco and order them from dr foster and smiths. I would highly suggest buying used, try Craigslist. If you do buy something used make sure it works before you purchase it. Amazon has some great prices! Also try google go to the shopping tab and type in what you need. It will give you a list of stores and prices and you can pick the cheapest (check the ratings!) Good Luck!!!

So the only new news is I blacked out the back of the tank....Waiting to get some more funds up to make a bulk order for the rest of my needed stuff....or atleast most of it!

Just black background and that seaview stuff. It turned out fantastic, looks painted but now I can remove it if I have to(y)

I run a sixty five gallon no skimmer no power head just a bunch of rock gravel a new filter new heater and a used light... If I had the money I woulda gotten the extra stuff but I was fifteen when I started it young an poor (I'm now sixteen not much change but that's beside the point) I'm just saying if ur low on$$ ur best to start with the basics ::food for thought::

So got my light in today! Here is how it looks with the light and the black backround. I am going to have custom aluminum feet machined at work so I can open the glass top too.
60630-albums9768-picture39901.jpg

Before you set up and its no longer an option have you considered sanding down that stand and re painting to match the tank?

The tank is the cheapy....The stand I bought to match every other stand I have in that room....I know the wood and black clash but its more important for me to match the stands in the room then the one tank. I placed a good sized order today with brs in the group buy and its due to come in friday....I can not wait!

ok, so I got some more stuff in the other day!:dance: My reef octopus bh1000 hob skimmer, a refracto, rodi unit, instant ocean reef crystals and a maxijet 1200 for mixing up sw. I also picked up another 150w heater for mixing water. I am closer then ever now! All I need to do is order up some rock and sand....live rock from lfs and a brute garbage can and Im ready to go! Well a test kit wouldnt hurt, haha. Plus the little stuff like net, magfloat....... I will keep the updates comming.

So I am mounting the rodi today and purchased a 32gal. brute to mix sw in and a 5gal. bucket for top off water. Monday I am ordering up sand and dry rock(y) Slowly but surely I'm getting there!

Ok RODI made....sw is mixing and rock and sand is in the tank.....I will add one chunk of LR from the lfs when I get the water in! Let me know what ya'll think!!!
60630-albums9768-picture41545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom