New to SW, need help with tank selection.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcus138

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new to the forum and new to the Salt water fish hobby. I have always had fresh water. I have been lurking on the web reading up. Basically, I have been keeping an eye out on craigslist in my area hoping to see if I can get a whole set up for a good price. I found a 44 gallon corner tank The ad says it comes with a refugium, pump, metal halide pendant light,small atinic light, other filters, some rock(will have to be cycled),plus a 10 gallon tank, extra metal halide bulbs, filter bags, extra regular lights, a magnum filter. They are asking $300. I was keeping an eye out for a reef ready tank. I am guessing that would be easier to manage? Basically, I like the shape of the tank and that it can fit in a corner. I am concerned though about making this set up work and being able to get all of the equipment I would need to function and look nice for a beginner. I just wanted to hear some opinions on if this style tank would be good for a beginner and if you think this is a good price. I think now I would want to start of with a fish and live rock, and maybe a reef later on. I appreciate any feedback or advice. Thank you for any help.

Well first of all welcome to AA. Second of all Corner tanks are OK. The only thing I`ve heard is that they need some PH`s to keep good flow in the tank. That`s about the only thing I see missing is some PH`s unless I`m missing something. Again welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom