New to this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'm looking at one just depends on what kind of shape it's in of I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are so many skimmers that will work on your tank, and that's not one of them. You can put the worst skimmer in the world on a tank and it will pull some skimmate, but that doesn't mean it's the right match. Poor design and crappy pump IME. Not worth your time. You'll be buying twice if you get that one.

Out of curiosity what pump did you have for the remora?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have had two remoras and I agree not at all suitable for anything over say 40g. I had the MJ on my first remora which was on my 29g and did a pretty good job. Then moved it to a 55g where it did Ok, but nothing like it could have.
I currently have a remora on my 40b and it has a rio pump on it. It works ok, but if I had the room for an in sump skimmer I would jump on it. lol I am only running a 10g tank as the sump and the room is just not there.

I have it on my 55. It's loud but that's not an issue because it's in my basement. It dosnt really pull out much. The skin isn't exactly tea color but it's not that dark sludge you see in the photos either. One of the good things is that it broke in almost immediately. But I think the skimmer is completely useless with the lower gph Rio pump.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I have a long 20g and I guess it's not big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom