New to this with some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee426

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi y'all. I am new to this forum and have just a couple questions. I recently bought a duncan coral with a single polyp and placed him in my tank. I spot feed him once a day a my sis shrimp or two. But in an hour or so he seems to have a gooey thing protruding from his mouth. And then my cleaner shrimp will go and start pulling it out and it seems as if he throws up the music. Is he actually done digesting it that fast?

Also, I went to a different fish store a couple days ago and the guy sold me a rose tip anemone and told me they were "reef safe" and wouldn't sting any of my coral. I thought it was bs but I took his word. Then I got home with the anemone and did my research and i couldn't find anything about that being true. Does anyone know anything or has heard something about bta not being stingers?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Feeding this coral every day is too much. Once a week if you like, but you don't need to feed it at all.

All anemones sting what they touch.

They're in a 14g biocube. I try to do a 10% water change every week. If not every two weeks. The reason I feed him every day is because I've read on other post that they grow a lot faster by feeding them often.

They're in a 14g biocube. I try to do a 10% water change every week. If not every two weeks. The reason I feed him every day is because I've read on other post that they grow a lot faster by feeding them often.

over feeding can kill them too. if you must feed them feed once, maybe twice a week

Back
Top Bottom