New Torch - Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OscarFan76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a new torch coral today at my lfs. I think it is only one head but he was the only one out. There were a couple of other frags that had multiple heads but they were closed up.

He didn't close up on the way home or when i put him in the tank. Is something wrong with him? I expected him to close for a bit. Some of my other corals will close/hide if you look at them funny.

Hope it is normal. I think it is beautiful.

Attachments

• image-3653804522.jpg
    image-3653804522.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 61
OscarFan76 said:
I picked up a new torch coral today at my lfs. I think it is only one head but he was the only one out. There were a couple of other frags that had multiple heads but they were closed up.

He didn't close up on the way home or when i put him in the tank. Is something wrong with him? I expected him to close for a bit. Some of my other corals will close/hide if you look at them funny.

Hope it is normal. I think it is beautiful.

Open heads are not a sign of problems, if they stayed closed then i would be worried lol. Also believe it or not when fully open he will probably be bigger than the pic sugests.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like he's opened even more since the arrival. At least 4-5 inches tall now.

Back
Top Bottom