The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok have had fresh water tanks for a while now and am thinking about turning 30 gal to salt. what is nec. to do this generally. fish only not wet dry or coral. and what kind of fish would do good in a 30 gal. tall? price range and differences?

You can have two or three fish tops in a 30 gal. Occellaris clowns and about $20. Royal gramma are $25, gobys vary in price. you may even be able to squeez in a coral beauty, they are around $35. Just be careful not to overstock.

The best approach will be to start with a book. Once you get a good idea of the different types of SW setups, you will be better able to make the right decisions. There are so many different possibilities open to you at the moment that you may not get a suggestion here that would best suit you. Once you've researched you can come back with specific questions which will be a lot more helpful for you.

I would recoment Fenner's book as well. Very good information from begining to end. It is a great resource.

I triple the vote for Fenner's book. Great 'starter thru intermediate' book, with a pretty decent section on fish family profiles.

I am a newbie too and just entered the SW world.
Been a FW person forever.

I have a 72# and it seems a bit small to me.
I am not sure I would start SW with a 30#
If you can afford a bigger tank I would go for it

Good Luck and do a lot of reading on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom