*NEWBIE ALERT* 75 Gallon Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does that mean I can drill and make the two 1.5's into two 3's or does it mean id have to run the Overflow 1500 instead of the 3000??

Thats good that u have 2 holes. Is there a skimmer box inside the the tank infront of the overflow? If so great if not your still ok bc you can buy skimmer boxes.

I would leave it the way it is holes and skimmer box I believe it will work. is the bulk heads in the holes if not you will need to get some and run pipe you will have the tank rdy. If I were you and theres nothi.g wrong with the tank id buy it. One more question about the tank how is the center brace of the tank it will be glass or made into the frame. If everything is good go for it. You do realize that you still havnt reached the costly stuff yet. just letting you know. Bigger tank less problems more money. Thats pretty much how it goes. That is a good deal I think

I would do sump/refugium. Use a 40 gal breeder and make your own. That what I did try craigslist and see if you can find a cheap one I think they run 80 bucks new where I live though.

Bro If you have a petco down there they have a dollar a gallon sale on until
The 19th of the month. You can buy the tank 40g breeder for 40 bucks. And look at YouTube search "DIY refugium" or "how to make a refugium". there are some good videos. I'll call you 2mrw and explain it also. Pretty easy build.

I ended up backing out on the 165 - it just seems to big for what I want to start. I will continue hard looking for a 75 to start up with.

I see your name if you live near opelousas. They have a drilled 75 for 150.
Craigslist, louisiana, lafayette

You can also try glass cages. And customize a 75. idk how much it is to ship

Pros.- you get everything for 300 bucks
.dont have to wait for tank to cycle
You get coral live rock along with everything to run a sw tank

Cons- you lose on the adventure bc everything is ready you really dont need much besides livestock you want. Moving large tanks suck eapecially when you.move them in a vehicle. Not drilled but has overflow box.

It really comes down to what you want to do. You can still get the tank and just stary over sale the coral and fish if you like. Thats if you want to have the adventure of a reef aquarium and really expand your knowledge.

If you want some quick and pretty fpr the home then keep everything.

Really depends what you want out of this hobby. I believe it is a good deal. If you get drop the price to 250 and tell them you will pick it up that day amd they will usually do it.

I read that he said that he had to many aquariums you may ask if he has any more. Maybe drilled or a 75 gal.

If you hopes was for a 75 you can always wait. It seems to me when I just take something bc I get tired of waiting and spend money what I wanted pops up a week later.

and remember if you see something you want on craigslist if its to much but close to what you would pay for it. Drop your price in there you may get it. Many people are wanting tp get rid pf this stuff so dont be afraid to try and cut there price. Many people will raise it bc they know it will get cut. So if you really want a 75 gal and the price is a little high cut the price all they can say is no.

New to this site as well and just started a 75 gallon tank any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom